Saturday, June 11, 2011

Why I left

I The Dominican Republic my life wasn't the best, but it was definitely not bad at all. I loved the Dominican Republic, and I always will. MY mom didn't have the greatest life there, but I did. All my mom wanted to do was move to the U.S.A.


One day, my grandmother called and said that we got our visas. My mother was so happy she started jumping around like crazy. She wouldn't stop smiling. The only thing she did was keep it a secret, because the first time they're were trying to get the visa, people were wishing them bad luck so we never got them. To my mom, it was the greatest gift that god could have given her.


I wasn't so happy about leaving because all my friends were there. I asked my mom why we were leaving and she said it was so that I can get a better life. I have a better life now, in a way. In my home country, I used to have a lot more fun than in here. The thing is, that here, I have a lot more opportunities of making something out of myself than in D.R. That's the reason why I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment