Friday, May 13, 2011

My Education

   People have many different ways of being educated. Others don't even care about education. They think that school is just a waste of time. People decide to skip classes and think it's cool. When people tell me "Hey, yo, I skipped two classes, and I never got caught," I would say in my mind, "Well good for idiot, you're the one that's losing not them." 

   Unlike those who don't care about school, there's others that devote their time to school. I'm not going to lie, I'm one of them. Going to school and getting an education is the most important thing to me. I have have people, like my mom, who encourage me to go to school, and I love that because not only do I want to go to school, but I have others who want me to go to school too. 
  
   I don't just think of myself in getting an education. I try to encourage others into getting it too. For example, I have a friend  who is the sister I never had. When I met her she would skip school, get Ds and Fs. Then one day I told her that I want her to get good grades and graduate from high school, at least. I told her that I would help her in anything she was stuck in. Now, I feel really proud and special because, today, she told me that she's getting Bs and Cs, and that she's doing this just for me. I feel like I made a change in her and that if I can do it, many others can too. 

  To me, this is a step to reaching my American Dream. I don't like to think of myself, I think of others too. My dream is to get a well paying job, a house with a family, and to give other people a hand when things get difficult in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment